We're now asking volunteers to prepare casseroles we can serve at breakfast time, as this is our greatest need.
Pan size and type: Single-use aluminum roasting pan - about 13 ½" X 9 ½" X 2 ¾"
Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 4 slices bread, torn
- Optional: 1 lb. turkey sausage or links
- 1 c. grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 c. milk
- 1 tsp. dry mustard (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt
- Dash pepper
Place torn bread in greased aluminum pan. If using sausage, (cut links into slices), brown in skillet and drain, then spoon sausage over bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Beat together eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over mixture in dish. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. Cheese will rise to top during baking. Cover pan with aluminum foil, label with name of recipe using marker, and freeze before donating.
Creamy, Hearty Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb. turkey sausage, browned and drained
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1 ample c. diced, cooked potatoes, boil in skin then peel
- 1 c. cubed Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 c. prepared bread crumbs
- 1 c. grated cheddar cheese
Mix everything together and put in greased aluminum pan. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and grated Cheddar cheese. Bake 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Cover pan with aluminum foil, label with name of recipe and ingredients using marker, and freeze before donating.